Along with our scientific, clinical, and patient service teams focused on your success, we also have many financial counselors who are a part of your care team – helping to answer the many questions about comprehending costs and insurance coverage. We can help you navigate the complexities and provide basic guidelines of the financial process. Some plans require referrals or authorizations so it’s suggested that you check your infertility benefits under your specific plan.
RMAPA participates in several insurance plans, including:
- Capital Blue Cross
- Keystone Central
- Highmark Blue Sheild
- Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Oxford Health Plan
- United Health Care
- First Priority LifeKeystone East
- Independence Blue Cross
- Personal Choice
- Geisinger Health Options (Non-St. Luke’s Employee Plans)
- Populytics (LVHN Employee Plans)
- UMR (Sands Employees)
Infertility benefits vary from patient to patient and from provider to provider. We’ve put together a few key points about insurance coverage by major plans to help you manage expectations of coverage. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment of coverage. Below you will find a helpful list of important questions to ask your insurance provider. Make sure to document the name of the person you spoke with, as well as the time and date of the call, for future reference.
Questions for your provider:
- Which of the following are covered by my current benefits:
- Diagnostic testing
- Imaging related to ovarian stimulation for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) or egg freezing
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) — how many cycles?
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) — how many cycles?
- Fertility medications—if yes, is there a total monetary medication “allowance”, a maximum number of vials, or other product limitations?
- Are there any limitations to my benefits, such as age, medical conditions, or prior cycles?
- Can you please provide a written explanation of my benefits?
Navigating the world of fertility benefits can be confusing and overwhelming–to speak to an RMAPA Financial Counselor about how to optimize your coverage, call us at (610) 820-6888 or make an appointment below.